home about us recipes contact us legal our store

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Roasted Vegetables with Reduced Balsamic Vinagar


There is no better way to get your vegetables in than by roasting them.  The flavor just pops!  I made this dish up for a dinner party I was going to.  The plate was emptied very quickly.  I was hoping some would come home with me for a very tasty sandwich the next day.
Ingredients:
 
3 assorted peppers, halved and de-seeded
button mushrooms (wiped down)
asparagus
green onion, roots removed
cherry or grape tomatoes
3 yellow zucchini - I sliced mine into coins
3 green zucchini - I sliced mine the long width
2 tablespoon of olive oil
Reduced balsamic Vinegar
 
salt and pepper


 
Fire up the BBQ to about 375-400 degrees.  Wash all of the vegetables and prepare them for the grill.  Brush all of the vegetables with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Working in batches, start your roasting.  Arrange beautifully on a platter and watch your guests be Wowed!  Drizzle with your balsamic vinegar.  Can be served warm or at room temperature.
 
Zucchini were sliced pretty thin so time was about 5 minutes
The rest of the veggies were about 5-10 minutes with the mushrooms and tomatoes taking the longest.  Be sure to watch closely.
 
PS-To get the grilled marks don't flip the veggies too often.
PSS-I chopped my zucchini differently just for the different texture.
 
Serves 6 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios