home about us recipes contact us legal our store

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Strange but Delicous Toast Toppers for Anytime of the Day

I love me some toast!  As a kid, I have fond memories of having white toast with melted butter, sugar and a dash of Cinnamon.  Yum!  I still love that but I now I need to eat healthy bread and minus the butter and sugar. 

I have experimenting with unique toast toppers that I really have to share with you.  It might like ugk to you, but don't knock it until you have tried it.  Right?

Always start with healthy bread such as Ezekiel bread or Manna Bread....

Source: FitSugar

Top with protein- and calcium-packed nonfat cottage cheese and then top with black pepper and hot sauce.



Start with raspberry jam, Swiss cheese and top with scrambled or poached egg.  Start your bread like the picture and than just add your egg.  Sounds not too appealing but it is so good.  Its like a party in your mouth!



For a sweet, protein-fueled snack in the morning, cover your toast in low fat cream cheese.  If you want to add a little fruit flavor, skip the jam and opt for fresh fruit.  I like mine with both!


Lately, my favorite toast topper is avocado with a little salt, pepper, and hot sauce. It's creamy and tasty, full of healthy monounsaturated fats, and also contains a high amount of antioxidants like beta-carotene and lycopene.







What about you?  Any strange toast toppers out there?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios