home about us recipes contact us legal our store

Friday, September 27, 2013

Layered Greek Salad with my secret Ingredient

This is my family's favorite salad out there.  It is also my personal favorite salad as well.  If you can get all of the ingredients local it is just that much better,  So fresh and crisp, I love this salad.  I even found locally made feta cheese as well.  And, this isn't just your typical Greek salad there is my own secret ingredient I just don't tell anyone........

I've made this salad so many times, now I am able just to eye ball it.

Layered Greek Salad

4 tomatoes
4 assorted colors peppers
1 English cucumber or field cucumber, peeled
1 sweet onion
bunch flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp. virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. of Greek seasoning or oregano and basil ( even better fresh herbs)
1 cup  feta cheese

now for THE secret....2 tbsp. red wine vinegar

Chop up all of the vegetables in layers, add the seasonings and liquids, top with the cheese and parsley.

Mix all together just before serving.....lasts for 2-3 days in the fridge.

YUM!

Serves 6 good sized portions.

Calories 148 Fat 10 grams Carbs 10 grams Fibre 5

ww points 4





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios